|Contract: ||Full time |
|Location: ||Airport Branch, Feltham Middlesex |
|Reports to: ||Divisional Manager |
|Salary: ||Commensurate with the knowledge skills and experience required |
|Company car: ||Yes |
|Bonus scheme: ||TBA |
An opportunity has arisen in connection with our Heathrow and Gatwick Airport operations. The role is based at our Heathrow servicing office in Feltham, Middlesex.
Mission and Purpose of Role:
Managing the commercial aspects of various projects incorporating, temporary access.
Achieving effective measurement and customer acceptance of all contract valuation within the operational area assigned.
Key Objectives of the Role:
- Reconciliation of monthly management accounts
- Liaising with budget holders, reviewing overheads and forecasts
- Willingness to adapt to changing circumstances to achieve business objectives
- Ensure work entered into is consistent with either the Company/Project pre-determined commercial terms or conditions, or on other approved acceptable terms, and that these are adhered to.
- Oversee & ensure all valuations are prepared accurately, agreed and invoiced appropriately.
- Ensure reconciliation of claims and contra claims, queries on overdue accounts and the settlement of final accounts.
Job Level Overview and Accountabilities:
- Ensures compliance to contractual arrangements.
- Measure and quantify the work to be undertaken.
- Manage and control costs within the projects budget & rolling forecasts.
- Monitor project costs and performance for early identification of differences to the budget to avert problems.
- Assist in the recovery of debts that are referred to Credit Control.
- Effectively communicate with internal technical and operations staff to establish a clear understanding of the contract delivery requirements.
- Effectively communicate with client representatives to develop relationships and to negotiate and settle contractual and financial disputes.
Knowledge and Applied Skills:
- Applicants will have a wealth of experience as a quantity surveyor gained with main contractor or larger subcontractor.
- A high degree of expertise with relevant software packages (esp. MS-Excel) is required. Knowledge of CASE is advantageous.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a relevant university degree (e.g. Commercial Management, Surveying, etc.) and / professional membership of RICS.
Analytical thinking; Business awareness; Team working; Problem solving; Relationship management; Attention to detail.
Note: This is a key elements summarised description and not a complete representation of the activities of the role. Other elements, tasks and activities may be added as the Company’s business requires.