Palmers Scaffolding UK Limited is one of the UK’s leading access, scaffolding and multi service companies providing leading edge innovative solutions for “blue chip” clients across the country.
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
|Contract: ||Full time |
|Location: ||Airport Branch, Feltham Middlesex |
|Reports to: ||Divisional Manager |
|Salary: ||Commensurate with the knowledge skills and experience required |
|Company car: ||Yes |
|Bonus scheme: ||TBA |
An opportunity has arisen in connection with our Heathrow and Gatwick Airport operations. The role is based at our Heathrow servicing office in Feltham, Middlesex.
Mission and Purpose of Role:
Managing the commercial aspects of various projects incorporating, temporary access.
Achieving effective measurement and customer acceptance of all contract valuation within the operational area assigned.
Key Objectives of the Role:
- Reconciliation of monthly management accounts
- Liaising with budget holders, reviewing overheads and forecasts
- Willingness to adapt to changing circumstances to achieve business objectives
- Ensure work entered into is consistent with either the Company/Project pre-determined commercial terms or conditions, or on other approved acceptable terms, and that these are adhered to.
- Oversee & ensure all valuations are prepared accurately, agreed and invoiced appropriately.
- Ensure reconciliation of claims and contra claims, queries on overdue accounts and the settlement of final accounts.
Job Level Overview and Accountabilities:
- Ensures compliance to contractual arrangements.
- Measure and quantify the work to be undertaken.
- Manage and control costs within the projects budget & rolling forecasts.
- Monitor project costs and performance for early identification of differences to the budget to avert problems.
- Assist in the recovery of debts that are referred to Credit Control.
- Effectively communicate with internal technical and operations staff to establish a clear understanding of the contract delivery requirements.
- Effectively communicate with client representatives to develop relationships and to negotiate and settle contractual and financial disputes.
Knowledge and Applied Skills:
- Applicants will have a wealth of experience as a quantity surveyor gained with main contractor or larger subcontractor.
- A high degree of expertise with relevant software packages (esp. MS-Excel) is required. Knowledge of CASE is advantageous.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a relevant university degree (e.g. Commercial Management, Surveying, etc.) and / professional membership of RICS.
Analytical thinking; Business awareness; Team working; Problem solving; Relationship management; Attention to detail.
Note: This is a key elements summarised description and not a complete representation of the activities of the role. Other elements, tasks and activities may be added as the Company’s business requires.
Suitable applicants with the appropriate knowledge, skills and experience, should submit a written application and any supporting CV to email@example.com